SAAMI BALLISTIC INSTRUMENTATION GROUP WORKSHOP
A 2-Day Technical Seminar and Training Course
Presented by the Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers’ Institute.
With special thanks to our corporate sponsors Nosler Inc., PCB Piezotronics / MTS Systems Corporation, Oehler Research, Inc, Kistler Instrument Corporation
Location: Bend, Oregon
OVERVIEW: 2018 is the fifth SAAMI Ballistic Instrumentation Users’ Group Workshop. The purpose of the Users’ Group Workshop is to serve as a training workshop and discussion forum addressing a broad range of topics relevant to small arms ammunition ballistic laboratory/test facility operations.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: The SAAMI Ballistic Instrumentation Group Workshop will be of special interest to small arms ballistic laboratory technicians, ammunition and firearm test engineers, and test facility managers, civilian, law enforcement, and military, who utilize the ANSI-SAAMI standards in the manufacture or qualification of ammunition and firearms.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP: The cost of the Workshop is $550.00 for 2 days – August 21-22, 2018. Space is limited to 40 registered attendees. To reserve your space please and submit payment please contact Wanda Heckel at 203-426-4358 x229 or [email protected].
- August 21– 09:00 through 17:00, Townplace Suites by Marriott, Conference Room;
- SAAMI Conformal Ballistic Pressure Sensor User’s Training: a highly detailed training seminar on the SAAMI conformal pressure sensor system. Presented by PCB Piezotronics / Bob Metz
- Modern Chronograph Systems and Integrated Velocity and Pressure Data Capture
Applications in the Ballistic Laboratory / Ultra Long-Range Velocity Capture and the Effect on Ballistic Coefficients: Oehler Chronograph systems are considered the backbone of commercial and military ballistic test centers and now Oehler also addresses ultra long-range time of flight capture requirements for effect on ballistic coefficients. Presented by Oehler Research, Dr. Ken Oehler, Gary Stafford
August 22 – 09:00 through 11:30, Townplace Suites by Marriott, Conference Room;
- An Introduction to C.I.P. “Drilled Case” and NATO “Case Mouth” Pressure Sensor Measurement: an introduction into the process and protocol of C.I.P. and NATO specific pressure measurement systems. Presented by Kistler Instrument Corporation / Richard Cadille & Michael Bashara
- 13:00 through 16:00
- Nosler Inc. – Tour of a Working Ballistic Lab: View an operational ballistic test center utilizing the SAAMI conformal pressure sensor system. Question and answer period. Presented by Nosler Inc. and PCB Piezotronics
- Nosler Inc. – Factory Tour: Tour the state of the art Nosler production facility and see how the highly acclaimed Nosler rifle and handgun projectiles are produced from start to finish. Presented by Nosler Inc.
LODGING: Townplace Suites by Marriott, 755 SW 13th Place, Bend, OR 97702, :541-382-5006. for guest room reservations. Townplace Suites is extending the GSA approved room rate of $151.00 (plus taxes) to all registered attendees of the B.I.G. Workshop. Please confirm your registration for the Workshop with Wanda Heckel prior to booking your hotel accommodation. Room reservations must be made before August 1.
MEALS / SOCIAL:
- Breakfast: Townplace Suites by Marriott rooms include a continental breakfast.
- Lunches are provided both days courtesy Oehler Research, Inc.
- Morning and afternoon breaks are provided both days courtesy Kistler Instrument Corporation.
- Tuesday Evening Social Meet and Greet: Registered attendees are cordially invited to the Meet and Greet hosted by PCB Piezotronics on Tuesday, 21 August, at 6:00 P.M. at the Deschutes Brewery / Mountain Room.
- Evening Meals: Evening meal arrangements are the responsibility of the attendee.
AIRPORT: Redmond/Bend (RDM) airport is located about half an hour from Bend. Connections may be made through other area airports (Portland) and car rental.